Principal Governance Officer
£37,245 - £44,126 inclusive of outer fringe allowance
37 hours per week
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council pride themselves on their commitment to their people – striving to ensure that each and every employee feels valued and happy in their work.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual to be responsible for ensuring we meet our statutory requirements for responding to Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations, and that we comply with the council’s governance framework.
Essential to your success will be:
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment
- Experience of policy and report writing
- Well organised with the ability to problem solve and identify practical solutions and manage long term projects
- Effective at developing excellent relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Sound research & analytical skills with the confidence to deliver complex subject matter to a range of audiences
- An eye for detail along with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to attend evening council meetings representing governing services
In this senior role, you will be kept busy! You will deputise the Governance Services Manager and be responsible for developing our governance apprentice.
The council have developed a ‘One Team’ approach to working and this relies on each and every person working collaboratively to deliver shared goals. To be a positive influence on this environment, you’ll need to be able to support others and be a genuine team player.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
Closing date for applications is 22 January 2019.
Assessments will be held on 30 January 2019.
Interviews will be held on 8 February 2019.