The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Revenues and Benefits Service is committed to providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Financial Assessment Team Leader to join our successful team. To provide effective, visible leadership and to manage efficiently all aspects of teams of specialist staff providing specified functions of comprehensive administrative and processing support within Financial Assessments. These teams include those responsible for:
- Assessment for residential and non-residential social care charges.
- Adoption, Special Guardianship Orders and Residency Orders.
Outstanding performers have the ability to progress through RBWM’s pay and reward scheme.
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification however training will be given.
- Have a good knowledge of financial assessments for community based care and residential care following guidelines set out in the 2014 Care Act. Be able to communicate effectively and courteously with members of the public and other council departments in writing, by phone, or in person.
- Have experience of processing adult social care applications and changes in circumstances.
- Have experience of the PARIS System.
- Be able to produce clear and concise written communication, including responses to complaints.
- Have the ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Be able to lead and motivate a team working on your own with minimal supervision.
- Have good IT skills.
- Be adaptable to change.
Much of the work of the team will be undertaken by speaking to resident’s directly in person (including some visits) or over the phone so you must be customer focused.
The successful candidate will be working across various locations over 37 hours. Candidates must be prepared to work between the hours of 08.30am - 17.15pm although flexi time is available subject to service demands.
For more information about the position, please contact Louise Freeth, Head of Revenues & Benefits on 01628 685664
Closing date: 13 January 2019