Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
LB Hounslow ICT are looking for customer facing Project Managers with experience of implementing complex technical and application-based projects. You will be involved in all aspects of the Programme, from defining projects, developing business cases and managing the day to day delivery with internal and external resources. We currently use PRINCE2 themes and principles as the basis for project management methodology and you must be able to use and maintain these.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- taking responsibility for defining, documenting and successful completing of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained, whilst adhering to change control procedure is in place
- monitoring and controlling resources, revenue and capital costs against the allocated project budget and manage expectations of all project stakeholders
- planning, directing and coordinating activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stag
- managing the development, communication and implementation of projects
- managing projects as allocated, being responsible for completion of the project to approved standards using Prince2 techniques as appropriate
- providing information and advice to project boards(s) on project status and to inform decision-making processes to ensure the successful delivery of project objectives, as determined by the client
Local Government experience is not essential but desirable, however we believe in investing in our staff and as such can offer good opportunities to learn and develop.
Essential for The Role
- Degree level qualification, e.g. ICT, business management, or minimum 3 years’ equivalent working experience in a senior technical role
- PRINCE2 accreditation or equivalent or demonstrable equivalent experience
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Sukhdeep Dhillon via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8583 3440
Closing date: 28th January 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 13th and 14th February.