Senior Resources & Finance Officer
Grade: PO1 – £33,282 - £35,991 pa
1 Year Fixed-Term/Secondment opportunity
London Borough of Enfield is a successful and highly regarded London Council operating a People Transport Service. We transport over 800 SEND children utilising over 185 transport routes/vehicles involving over 350 frontline staff. The service is provided by internal & external contractors using a combination of taxis and minibuses. In addition, we provide transport for school swimming sessions, after school clubs, day trips and ad-hoc journeys. We also deliver school meals and internal mail.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with London Borough of Enfield. We are currently looking for a Senior Resource & Finance Officer to come and join our team and make a real difference on how the service operates and is managed financially.
More about the role:
Support the Head of Service in the development of financial planning and Control, develop strategy and objectives for the People Transport Operation
To provide efficient, competent, financial support and planning
You must be able to demonstrate excellent financial, organisational and communication skill
Whilst an experience in transport operations financial planning is advantageous, the ability to deliver financial control, reports, analysis and deliver efficiencies is essential
- Managements and careful monitoring and scrutiny of sub-contractors invoices and authorisation of payments
- Control of budgets and expenditure
- Liaising with supplier and payments teams to ensure timely payments to outside contractors
- Development of effective reporting functions
- To play a key role in preparing and monitoring budgets
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements to present to senior management
- Complete month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 21st of January 2019
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.
The position advertised is a fixed term or a secondment opportunity. In order to be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed the proposed secondment with their line manager.
Please note that secondment opportunities are open to Enfield Council employees only. They are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment
If you are interested in this role and you would like an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Julian Minta on 0208 379 5231.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Ecaterina Covalenco on 0208 379 5254 or Ecaterina.email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.