MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THOSE CHILDREN TO NEED IT MOST
We are looking for a qualified teachers across a wide range of disciplines and across key stages (KS2 – KS4) to join our school - Magic Arc School in Cliffe Woods, Medway in Kent. Teachers are required for English, Maths, Science, Humanities, Arts, ICT, Music, PSHE, Drama and PE on a part-time and full-time basis.
About Magic Arc School
Magic Arc School is a specialist provision for children and young people who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Magic Arc is a specialist independent school. It is a very exciting time to join this wonderful school in its development as its expansion is planned. We believe that personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows students individual needs to be met and their capabilities fully realised. Our vision is to provide excellence in education for students and to ensure that they are:
- Happy safe and healthy
- Learn and achieve at every level
- Develop independence and self-advocacy
- Develop socially, emotionally and personally
We are looking for someone who will:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups (in class sizes of no more than 4-6) across a range of curriculum subjects
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Contribute positively to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching at KS2/3/KS4 level
- Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting (ASD)
- Be aware and have full knowledge of recent changes to the national curriculum
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Headteacher, please contact the school on 01634-570-706.
Please note: We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and these positions may be withdrawn at any point without notice.
The Magic Arc School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.