Planning Investigations Officer
Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Team: Development Management
Salary: £24,999 - £27,342
Contract: permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 20/02/2019
Job Reference: CEX0000079
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. Bexley is planning for unprecedented growth and development but a key corporate and political priority is to ensure managed and controlled growth and the planning enforcement team plays a crucial role delivering on that priority.
The Planning Investigations Officer role is designed to support progression through different roles from Planning Enforcement Officer to a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer.
A Planning Investigations Officer will be looking to start or build on their experience in Planning Enforcement. You will be capable of managing a caseload of planning enforcement cases with support from senior officers. You will have good people, organisational and writing skills and keenness to learn and expand your experience.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to meet the Borough’s ambitions.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development opportunities.
This is a key role for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our journey.
For an informal discussion about this post, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes
- Closing Date for your application: 20/02/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers