Executive Assistant to the Director
Management Grouping: Finance & Corporate
Department: Leadership Support Team
Salary: £24,999 - £27,342, per annum
Contact: 36 per week
Closing Date: Monday 11 February 2019
The Leadership Support Team is responsible for supporting the most senior managers of the Council including the Chief Executive and Directors. We are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Executive Assistant to join our team to provide high level professional support to our Directors.
You will be able to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative, helping our Senior Managers get the very most out of the working day and be committed to ensuring high levels of customer care and service delivery.
In order to succeed, you will need a good standard of education and have excellent ICT skills and knowledge, particularly focused on a very busy diary and mailbox. The role requires excellent prioritisation skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. You will need to be an effective and confident communicator, able to liaise well with staff at all levels, including the public and other partner agencies.
This is a demanding but interesting role. If you are energetic and willing to be flexible, enjoy a challenge, stay calm and can retain a sense of humour whilst delivering high quality work when everything must happen at once, then this could definitely be the role for you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Elaine Love on 020 3045 3551 and at Elaine.Love@bexley.gov.uk.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlements
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: Monday 11 February 2019
- Anticipated Interview Date: Thursday, 21 February 2019
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.