Salary from £36,555 to £51,111 (career graded post)
Would you like to undertake varied, high quality work with like minded and supportive colleagues? Would you like the opportunity to make a difference in local communities?
We are recruiting contract lawyers/senior lawyers at HB Public Law. HBPL is a leading public sector provider of legal services. We deliver a high quality service to six local authorities, schools and other public bodies in London and the South East.
The role provides excellent career progression in a supportive and collaborative environment. Applications are welcomed from NQ lawyers to experienced contracts lawyers. Candidates from both the public and private sector are encouraged to apply for this position. Full and part time/job share applications are considered.
About the position
The successful candidate will carry a varied caseload dealing with matters including:
- Providing advice and having conduct of legal files relating to contracts, procurement and information law matters
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts to include construction contracts and service contracts
- Supporting corporate projects and advising on contract related governance issues
- Advising senior officers within the practice’s local authority clients and attendance at committees
- Advising on procurements in compliance with the Public Contract Regulations and other EU Legislation
Full details can be found in the role profile.
HBPL is an innovative and ambitious legal service committed to the public sector and we seek lawyers who embody this approach. The successful candidate will be a team player who takes pride in delivering a high quality service and is able to work under pressure.
The closing date for your application is Monday 18thFebruary 2019. Applications should be made via the Harrow Council website https://harrow.advorto.com/search.aspx?l=HarrowCouncil by either submission of CV and a covering letter or completing the application form.
The role is a career graded post encompassing grades G10, G11 and MG1. Successful candidates who meet the threshold criteria for the relevant grade, as set out in the role profile, will be placed at the entry point for that grade. Internal applications for advancement to the next grade are considered on an annual basis.
If you would like a confidential conversation about the opportunity please call our team leader Stephen Dorrian on 020 8424 1546.