ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER [PROGRAMMED NOISE]
PAY: £33,794 - £40,994*
[*includes £2000 market supplement]
* This role requires specific qualification.
Location: The Magistrates Building, 1 Farnan Avenue, Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, Forest Road, Walthamstow E17 4NX
We’re looking to recruit a permanent Environmental Health Officer to join the Council’s Air Quality and Environmental Protection team.
The appointed officer will work on aspects of programmed noise work, as well as assisting with inspections of Authorised Processes:
- Managing complex nuisance cases within the Environmental Protection Act 1990 relating to commercial premises
- Responding to consultations relating to the Licensing Act 2003
- Section 61 Application Consents under the Control of Pollution Act 1974
- Acoustics and Noise Control Engineering cases requiring in-depth/expert knowledge
- Preparing formal notices under the EPA 1990
- Inspections and enforcement under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated officer with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience
The Council will offer appropriate support to successful candidates in their professional development
About Waltham Forest
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London.
Join our plans for growth
We have a hugely ambitious growth agenda and pride ourselves on being forward thinking and an organisation that sets high expectations. We are working with partners to secure investment in making our borough a better place, are progressing with plans to build 12,000 new homes by 2020, and have an ambitious £5million digital programme, with more investment to come.
Be part of the vision
Our aim is that every single Waltham Forest resident enjoys a good quality life. We have a no-nonsense approach to getting things done and are embarking on a new phase in our transformation where three key priorities will underpin our ‘Creating Futures’ strategy:
- Keep Waltham Forest clean and safe
- Ensure a decent roof over residents’ heads
Improve residents’ life chances.
Closing Date: 15th February 2019 at 23.30 hrs