Revenues Officer (Council Tax)
Waltham Forests Revenues Service is committed to improving collection and providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Council Tax Revenues Officers, who have worked in a Revenues debt collection environment to join our highly motivated team
1 x fixed term contract for 12 months
As we are looking for experienced Council Tax Officers, the grade for the position is Scale 5 - SO1.
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification
You will have:
- An in depth knowledge of Council Tax legislation
- Experience of ensuring accurate billing collection and recovery of Council Tax
- Experience of having worked in a Council Tax back office environment
- Experience of having worked in a debt collection environment
- Ability to produce clear and concise written communication.
- Ability to be confident and engaging with the general public both face to face and on the phone when advising on complex Council Tax matters
- The ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of using a revenues management system and a variety of IT systems
All applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with the public to maximise Council Tax collection rates.
Closing Date: 18 February 2019