Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Job Expiry Date: 14th Feb at midday
Salary: £26,570 - £31,260 per annum
Job Location: London Bridge
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We're seeking an experienced Desktop Support Analyst to join our IT team in London Bridge.
The Desktop Support Analyst will provide an on-site presence for pro-active and reactive desk side IT support services at the organisation's main sites, offer reactive support at smaller sites, and provide an accessible point of contact for home and mobile workers. In this role you will also offer both first and second line resolution of IT incidents and service requests. Further role responsibilities include;-
- To identify trends from repeated issues raised by a customer, and to highlight these trends to the Desktop Support Team Leader.
- To assist with the communication of major incidents by ensuring key users and stakeholders are kept up to date with consistent information.
- Meet with 3rd Party Suppliers to assist with troubleshooting and installation of IT equipment.
- To ensure the register of equipment at each site is audited and updated on a regular basis.
This role requires you to have Qualifications in Computing/IS related subject, and knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Active Directory, Citrix and Microsoft Office. We are also looking for the following skills;-
- Support of end user hardware - PCs, printers, thin clients, laptops, PDAs, Apple and Android tablet devices, and relevant management tools
- Support of collaboration tools (e.g. Skype for Business, Video Conferencing systems)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP & networking
- Understanding of anti-virus software and security threats
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 14th Feb at midday
Please ensure you have read the information contained within the 'Before applying' link at the top of the vacancies page.
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing is the largest social landlord in the country with 360,000 residents.
We have ambitious plans to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years, with a commitment that two thirds of the programme will be affordable housing.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.