Senior IT Service Desk Technician
Salary range £25,464 to £33,138 (Career Grade)
Working as part of an IT service desk team, you will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line service desk support to approximately 350 users on their IT systems, business applications and a range of new services.
This exciting opportunity is essential to supporting the Councils ambitions modernisation and improvement programme, Rushmoor 2020, aimed at improving the customer experience, reducing costs and improving efficiency using innovative digital technologies.
Whilst specialist training will be provided, the candidate should possess the following experience:
- Extensive experience gained on a service/ helpdesk in a busy, corporate environment
- Hands on help desk, call logging and incident management experience and a good working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010/2016, Outlook 2010/2016, and Active Directory 2016
- Experience supporting Office 365 applications in a corporate environment.
- Extensive experience of using an industry standard service desk suite together with a good understanding of service desk processes
- Experience supporting PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones in a network environment
- Good knowledge of business telephony systems and local area networks.
- An understanding of line of business applications and supporting customers using them
- The role requires excellent communications and problem solving skills
You will be responsible for ensuring that high quality IT support services are maintained inline with exacting performance standards.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop and broaden your technical knowledge and expertise, whilst gaining access to a range of new digital technologies.
Closing date: 17th February 2019