Building Maintenance Surveyor X 2
Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS)
Hours: 36hrs per week
Salary: £38,029 - £42,266 pa;
(salary review is 1 April each year)
Closing date: 24 February 2019
Are you an experienced Building Surveyor looking for a new challenge? Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to your community and help a range of people with different needs? Come and join us! Together we can serve our community and help Elmbridge thrive.
Elmbridge’s Asset Management and Property Services team is recruiting, and we need experienced, committed and pragmatic people to help us make a difference in Elmbridge; we need you! We have a fantastic opportunity for two people to work in an environment where innovative ideas and a 'business first' approach are celebrated.
Join our innovative and leading Asset Management and Property Services team where you will use your building and maintenance surveying expertise to enhance the team’s service and delivery.
The work is varied, for example you will be:
- undertaking and providing a range of building surveying advice including inspections, surveys, defect analysis and feasibility studies
- liaising and communicating with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure projects are properly co-ordinated and executed on time and to budget
- working to increase the energy efficiency of our property assets through a sustainable strategy of building maintenance
You will join a team of hard-working professionals focused on maintaining excellent levels of customer care and an organisation which you will be proud to work for.
- Providing reactive and planned maintenance, along with ensuring statutory compliance throughout our property portfolio.
- Managing capital and revenue projects including refurbishment of our Civic Centre, Community Centres, car parks and public halls.
As well as having extensive experience and working knowledge of drawing software, you will have experience of:
- defect diagnosis and identifying repair solutions
- procurement processes
- managing project budgets, cost analysis and cost reporting
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being:
- committed to quality service
- experienced in dealing with a high workload and the ability to prioritise different tasks
- appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Simon Morris or Alex Williams 01372 474224 a call.
A final thought
Our AMPS team consists of three elements: - facilities, estates and building and maintenance. We provide high quality property and facilities advice on all levels to ensure a cost effective and statutory compliant estate, which makes the best use of its assets whether they are operational assets used for service delivery or investment. You will enjoy an innovative and creative team who are hardworking and passionate about delivery but at the same time celebrate their successes and work cohesively with other teams in the organisation. What are you waiting for? #JoinUs!