DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & RESOURCES
[Chief Finance Officer]
KALEIDOSCOPE LEARNING TRUST, Hartford, Cheshire.
Permanent full-time appointment with effect from 1 April 2019, or sooner or as soon after.
NJC Salary Scale: 12 currently £45,124 - £51,768
Kaleidoscope Learning Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust which is at an exciting and challenging point in its development. The Trust currently consists of one purpose built day and residential special school, Cloughwood Academy, with its own expansive campus and catering for male pupils aged 8-18 years who present with social, emotional and mental health [SEMH] difficulties. Cloughwood Academy has enjoyed three consecutive ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgements; the next inspection being due this year.
The Board of Trustees is looking to expand the Trust with up to four other schools/academies. It is with this strategic goal in mind that the Trustees are seeking to recruit a financially qualified [Level 5 DSBM or similar], commercially astute and motivated Director of Finance & Resources [DFR], who will also fulfil the role of Chief Financial Officer [CFO] for the Trust. The DFR will support the Executive Principal and report directly to the Board of Trustees. You will lead the central support services of the Trust and be enthusiastic about being involved in the wider aspects of school life. You will be an active participant in the Trust’s senior leadership team, developing and implementing the strategic direction of the Trust.
- To be responsible for the strategic leadership, development and continuous improvement of the business and administrative functions of the Trust and its partner schools/academies.
- To perform the role of the Trust’s chief finance officer, and interim SBM for Cloughwood Academy until further expansion of the Trust is achieved.
- To provide strategic financial direction and information for the Executive Principal and the Trustees.
- To have leadership and management responsibilities for all aspects of support services including HR, finance, contract management, buildings and facilities, administrative support, health and safety and all matters which are supportive of but do not include the teaching function.
- To establish, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all support services including policies and procedures and refine as necessary, making recommendation to the Trustees as appropriate.
- To develop best value strategies in all aspects of the Trust’s operations.
- To provide professional leadership and management to support staff to enhance their effectiveness, improve standards and raise achievement.
- To contribute to the expansion of the Trust including carrying out due diligence on prospective joining schools/academies and providing reports and analysis to the Trustees.
In return, we can offer you:
- Employment in a dynamic and developing Trust, with high aspirations for all.
- A team committed to supporting each other and working together to maintain and continuously improve standards.
- Encouragement to develop ideas.
- A happy and caring ethos in which all individuals are valued.
Visits to the Trust are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by telephone [01606 288090] or email email@example.com An application form can be obtained from the same sources or via the following link: http://kaleidoscopelearning.co.uk/vacancies/