Are you compassionate and caring? Do you want a rewarding job where you feel proud of what you do? Are you looking for an employer that values your hard work, will invest in you and support your career development? If so, then this is the job for you!
Our service based out of Marina Court in Tewkesbury specialises in providing care and support to older persons who live in their own homes.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and experienced care professional to join our team on a permanent basis. Working 40 hours per week, you will manage the performance and wellbeing of staff and ensure the provision of a high quality and customer focused service that meets the needs our customers, enhances their quality of life and promotes choice and independence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in partnership with external agencies involved in the planning, provision and monitoring of support to customers
- Communicating with all relevant contacts regarding the customer’s social care and well-being
- Promoting customer involvement in shaping and monitoring services
- Ensuring that customer care/support plans and risk assessments are followed and contribute to regular reviews of these plans
- Providing high quality, responsive and person centred services that meet the physical, mental and emotional needs of customers ensuring people have choice and control over their own lives
- Supervising and monitoring staff performance and where appropriate and when necessary carry out performance monitoring
- Being involved in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Ensuring carers are fully trained and job shadowing has taken place to the required standards
- Completing regular staff supervisions and annual performance reviews in line with current policies
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Health and Social Care Diploma at level 3 or working towards
- Experience of Staff plan or similar software rostering tool, and excellent IT skills
- Experience of working in Care environment (preferably supported living)
- Experience in instigating and supporting social activities
- Demonstrates a sensitive approach to vulnerable people, maintaining their dignity and self-respect at all times.
- Good communication skills; verbal, written and numeracy
- A full driving licence with access to your own transport
To recognise your hard work and commitment, some of the key benefits we offer are, but are not limited to:
- Excellent rates of pay of £9.05 up to £9.55 per hour
- Free Enhanced DBS Check
- £100 loyalty bonus
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Fully paid on-going training
- Personal development for your care career
- Reward Schemes and Childcare Vouchers
- 28 days paid holiday