Financial Reporting Adviser
(Full time, Permanent)
Directorate: Political Finance and Regulation
Salary: £29,848 per annum
Are you interested in joining an organisation playing a vital role in the democratic process at an historic time for voters in the UK? Now is a really exciting time to be joining the Electoral Commission and we have a permanent opening for a Financial Reporting Advisor to join the Political Finance and Regulation team.
The Electoral Commission is the independent body that regulates party and election finance, sets standards for well-run elections and encourages people to register to vote. We have a number of roles and duties under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA), including a duty to regulate political funding and spending.
You will be working on the delivery of proactive and reactive advice to parties and other campaigners in relation to political finance. Advising on reporting deadlines and statutory reports ensuring these are submitted to the Commission on time. You will be assisting with the logging and publishing of the statutory returns and analysing this information to present the information to stakeholders.
- You will have experience of working with financial data and an ability to identify difficulties in reported data.
- You will have experience of handling the collation and presentation of data with a number of different requirements for different systems.
- You will have excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- You will be an excellent planner with experience within a highly scheduled role with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
The closing date for applications is Monday 4 March 2019 23:59PM.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7 March and Friday 8 March 2019.