We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer to join our supportive and successful in-house team to run their own caseload of varied conveyancing matters in respect of residential and commercial properties, right to buys, leasehold acquisitions, disposals, legal charges and easements.You will be motivated, enthusiastic and keen to provide a high standard of legal advice and support to the Council. Knowledge of information rights, licensing and local government law and practice is desirable.
The following is typical of the duties the post holder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time:
- To undertake conveyancing work in respect of residential and commercial properties, right to buys, leasehold acquisitions, disposals, legal charges and easements;
- To provide advice and guidance to Council Officers and Members as required on property related matters, housing, information rights, contracts, licensing and other local government issues;
- To prepare appropriate legal documentation, correspondence and reports;
- To attend and give advice at Committee meetings;
- To keep an up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relating to property, housing, information rights, licensing and local government law generally;
- To liaise with external professionals as required;
- To assist in reviewing and implementing practices and procedures to support effective service delivery;
- To develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with relevant staff in other departments as required;
- To promote and implement the Council's Comprehensive Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Cotton at email@example.com / 01322 343118