Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Hillingdon Council is looking for a highly skilled manager that will lead a team delivering a high quality, responsive private sector housing service that meets the needs of its customers. The role will develop and drive a performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement. Hillingdon Council is looking for someone that will make a real difference to tenants’ lives.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the regulation and enforcement of private sector housing legislation which will include a responsive complaints service, mandatory and discretionary property licensing schemes and an intelligence-led, targeted enforcement programme.
You will lead on delivering excellent customer service by providing strategic and operational leadership to improving housing conditions in the private rented sector, and improving the management and conditions in HMOs through licensing and enforcement.
About the person
We are looking for a performance driven individual with a curious outlook who will consider and apply creative solutions to current and potential issues. You will be a highly motivated person who will deal with challenging issues swiftly and with minimum disruption to the business and its residents. You will be an individual who has the capability to apply new policies and procedures as required. Your role as Team Manager will require you to keep your team, motivated and engaged to take on innovative ways of working. Excellent influencing and communication skills are an essential part of this post as you will be required to apply these skills consistently to promote your team’s work internally and with other external partners. This is a challenging but rewarding post and we are looking for individuals who are keen to join an established and forward thinking team. If you meet this criteria along with additional essential criteria as set out in the person specification and you are ready to take on this challenging but rewarding post, click apply!
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Mark Billings, Service Manager Homeless Prevention, on 01895 556 935.We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy