Our Building Control Service is a forward thinking and friendly team, responsible for all aspects of Building Regulations in one of the fastest developing areas in the country, dealing daily with interesting development proposals throughout Reading.
Working within a small team of professionals, you will play a part in helping customers to ensure that their building projects are designed and constructed in compliance with the Building Regulations and other legislations.
For this role you will need to have a proactive approach to work, good communication skills and be a team player with a customer focused approach.
About the role:
You’ll be working as part of the team to provide a prompt and efficient building control service in accordance with the Council’s customer care and service delivery policies. Your duties will include:
- Initial assessment of building regulation applications and on-site inspections to ensure works comply with prescribed technical standards and approved plans/details.
- Carrying out site inspection on building projects and other Building Control matters such as dangerous structures and unauthorised buildings.
- Preparation of accurate site records on the electronic back office system.
- Any other Building Control related matters such as dealing with general inquiries and assisting the admin team with registration and validation of applications.
For this role you will need to have a proactive approach to work, good communication skills and be a team player with a customer focused approach. We are seeking motivated and ambitious individuals who pride themselves on delivering a competitive, efficient and professional building control service to all our clients
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
The post has a career graded structure and so the starting salary will depend upon your experience of Building Control work and qualifications. Full training opportunities will be given including assistance with further qualifications where required.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com or call 0118 9372625