Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the casework, advice and legal function at Britain’s biggest walking charity. As Local Advocacy and Casework Officer, you willhelp deliver a major two-year project to improve our effectiveness at influencing local policy and practice through voluntary action. You will support our volunteers to advocate for a country designed for walking, from providing advice and guidance on issues relating to paths and access, to engaging with local authority teams working on public rights of way and planning. This is a new role, and an exciting time to join the Ramblers’ team. You will make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity, and to help us achieve our ambition of a country designed for walking.
This role is in our Policy and Advocacy Team.
Essential Requirements include:
- Experience of working with volunteers, members or members of the public, ideally in an advocacy, casework and/ or influencing context.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret complex information.
- Experience of providing advice to lay and professional audiences.
- Experience of presenting complex information in accessible formats.
- Ability to quickly develop detailed knowledge of issues related to rights of way, including planning decisions.
- Experience of working with decision makers and building relationships with external stakeholders
- Good project management skills and ability to manage multiple workstreams to tight deadlines.
- Experience of using data management systems and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver workshops and/ or training.
- Demonstrable commitment to customer service.
- Strong team player with a commitment to collaborative working.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
Application is by CV and covering letter
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
Completed applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.