Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
The role of the Intelligence Analyst is to support the delivery of information and intelligence about service performance and effectiveness through the collection, validation, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of data and other qualitative information. The post-holder will provide support to service managers across Achieving for Children’s operational areas to establish and maintain performance management systems that meet national and local requirements and will be responsible for statutory performance and compliance reporting to the commissioning Councils. The post holder will also support the organisation’s commissioning programme and strategic initiatives, by supporting the delivery of performance information to inform strategic and local needs assessments.
As an intelligence Analyst your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support the development and implementation of Achieving for Children’s performance management systems, to ensure the organisation has the information and intelligence it needs to deliver relevant and responsive children’s services.
- Lead on the analysis and evaluation of business processes and systems and make clear recommendations for improvement to maximise operational effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships between individual service areas and the business unit to understand each service’s performance information needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s central data repository to ensure that there is a complete and up-to-date suite of statutory and locally-determined performance indicators that support the management of children’s services, improvement planning, statutory reporting and contractual compliance.
- Take responsibility for data quality and validation, and manage the reporting of statutory performance indicators, locally-determined performance indicators, and contractual compliance indicators.
- Create data management reports to deliver information from business systems according to local service requirements, and provide advice and guidance to enable managers and practitioners to generate their own reports where appropriate.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Daniel Stacey on 020 8891 7807 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 10 March 2019
Interviews: 25 March 2019