Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
Our vision for Achieving for Children is simple: by bringing together professional expertise from three local authority areas, and by putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do, we will be able to deliver improved outcomes for families and give children and young people the best start in life.
We are recruiting two Business Support Officers, one position is full time and one part time and the post holders will work as a member of the business support team providing comprehensive coordination and business support for the children’s service residing within Windsor and Maidenhead Borough.
This is an opportunity to provide an efficient business support service that will impact on the effectiveness of the operation staff providing services to vulnerable service users, ensuring we meet our statutory duties/requirements for children at risk, children in need, on child protection plans or in care.
As Business Support Officer you will be responsible for providing high level administrative support and duties will include:
- Generic administrative support to a team of professionals including Managers and Social Workers.
- Taking minutes at meetings with practitioners and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements for storage of client details and other sensitive data are in line with GDPR General Data Protection Regulations and AfC policies and procedures.
- On behalf of the managers and operational staff receiving and conducting high volumes of telephone calls. Use own initiative when responding to calls and where appropriate relay messages/information to appropriate team members to ensure appropriate level of service/advice can be offered.
- Inputting information onto our children’s database PARIS.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Delia Smith on 01628 796308 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 10 March 2019
Interviews: 21 March 2019