Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in March 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
A full-time opportunity has arisen to join the Social Housing Asset Management and Investment Team in the role of Investment Data Officer.
About The Team
- The strategic role of managing, maintaining and investing in the Council’s (HRA) housing assets
- The Team aims to oversee the delivery of capital investment, revenue investment, planned maintenance, and repairs to empty properties in a structured and sustainable way
- The Team has direct project management responsibility for various large capital projects
- The Team works to identify the required outputs and outcomes while seeking improvements in performance and the delivery of value for money.
- Be responsible for the collection, validation, analysis and dissemination of a range of information to both inform and maintain the Council’s social housing asset management systems - ensuring there is optimum data quality across these systems to implement the asset management strategy and the housing investment plan
- Work widely with Teams under the Head of Asset Management and Leasehold Services, other internal Teams and partnering Consultants and Contractors to collect, maintain, validate, collate and report information on social housing asset management.
- To design, create and regularly update a range of information stores on social housing asset management which will support delivery of the Divisions activity, reporting and overall compliance with statutory, landlord and other obligations / responsibilities
- To work closely with internal Teams and external partners and lead on ensuring that fully auditable processes are maintained for the collection of data for investment, repairs, compliance and health and safety information across the Council’s properties. To use this information to help shape and steer the Investment Plan (capital and revenue funded) as well as bids for external funding
- Lead on challenging and testing current housing asset data systems and collection processes to ensure consistent, accessible and auditable data sources. Develop processes to improve asset management decision making and review and lead on embedding recommended changes
- Produce data analysis (i.e. on stock data, repair history, trends and property performance data) to inform an investment programme that is fit for purpose and meets the need of the Section. Providing information to undertake option appraisals on properties and also identify when life cycle building components require replacing.
Essential for the Role
The successful candidate will have a suitable qualification or experience in doing a similar role – as well as having experience of using bespoke asset management software, ITC systems and the ability to adapt quickly to new software and interpreting and harmonising data from a range of sources.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact email@example.com
To view the Job Description and Employee Specification, please visit our website.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 22ndMarch 2019