Horsham District Council are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Web CMS Technician to join our Technology Services Team supporting the technology requirements across the Council providing a technical, professional and customer focused service.
As Web CMS Technician you will work with the Technology and Communications teams to support, maintain and develop the Council’s website to enhance the customer experience in line with the business need.
As Web CMS Technician you will have a background in administering websites, CMS administration and systems management along with a range of web technologies. You will have excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, excellent analytical skills along with strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the CMS
- Creating and editing page templates
- Working closely with the business to support, maintain and improve existing user journeys on the website
- Creating templates for other Council managed websites
- Configuring and maximising the benefits of the website search function
- Assisting with maintaining and developing Wordpress blog sites and supporting infrastructure.
- Designing screen layouts in keeping with the Council’s branding to deliver a consistent user experience
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
- CMS administration, development and systems management
- Creating CMS templates
- SEO and search
- Designing customer facing services for the web
- Working from a specification or set of user stories to develop solutions that meet the user needs
- Working in an agile team (desirable)
- Web analytics (desirable)
Horsham District Council encourages and supports professional development and offers a generous benefits package to support your work life balance. This includes 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and flexible working arrangements
Closing date: 20 Mar 2019
Interview date: Week Commencing 08 Apr 2019