Assistant Head Teacher and Exemplary Lead Learner required Sept. 2019 Salary L7 - L11
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Teacher who will be responsible for standards in
their phase. In preparation for a strategic whole school future, for you, we are deliberately
non-phase specific and will expect the successful candidate to be credible wherever they are
placed. The successful applicant will be astute at using all aspects of data to drive
improvement and will have a deep and research-informed understanding of what makes
excellent learning and teaching. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of working
with colleagues successfully to implement evaluation-driven change.
About us, Park Primary School is:
● an exciting and creative place to learn and work and that is testament to the
atmosphere created by all.
● an aspirational, caring and popular learning environment with happy, enthusiastic
children; friendly, conscientious staff; a truly supportive community and a governing
board which fulfills its responsibility readily.
About you, we seek to appoint a highly motivated leader of children's & adult learning who is:
● the personification of an excellent practitioner and is a great facilitator and learner;
● evidently committed to providing an ‘irresistible’ learning experience for our children;
● positively passionate;
● consistently ambitious for all: staff, community and children equally;
● an emotionally-intelligent team player;
● professional at all times;
● reflective and flexible in approach;
● innovative and creative as well as caring and committed;
● driven and takes pride in all that they do.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended ; it is important to us that you perceive Park
to be a place where you could be happy in your work.
We are a values-driven organisation; buy-in and exemplification of our values is an imperative
part of our recruitment process. Please visit: www.park.newham.sch.uk for further
information about us: our ethos and our values.
Please contact the School Office on 020 8534 4065 or email the Head Teacher directly at
Closing date: Thursday 28th March 2019 Shortlisting : Friday 29th March 2019
Interviews and selection process: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and equal
opportunities of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.