HEAD OF GEOGRAPHY
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 2019
SALARY: MPS/UPS PLUS TLR 2C (£6,645 per annum)
We are currently seeking a dynamic Head of Geography who can lead a capable and successful department. This post would be suitable either for someone looking for a first promoted post or a more experienced candidate. The person appointed must have the capacity and skills to teach up to, and including, A-Level.
You will be joining a hard-working and dynamic team which has achieved excellent examination results and is popular at GCSE and A-level. The department is well resourced with ICT Facilities and has a range of excellent field trips and enrichment.
What Do We Offer?
- Supportive, collaborative Department and School
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- Exceptional CPD
- Outstanding support and Guidance for NQT’s
- Outstanding career development
Chingford Foundation School recently received the accolade of appearing in England’s top 100 schools for sustained improvement in its academic outcomes. This places the school in the top 3% of non-selective, state-funded schools. We are also pleased to host a Sixth Form Centre which was rated as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
The school has many distinctive characteristics:
- We are a large 11 – 18 mixed school with an impressive heritage, which we exploit and celebrate.
- Wehave a style and approach which ensures details in academic and pastoral matters are not overlooked and are given an equally high priority in a safe and harmonious environment.
- Ourcombined specialisms in Arts, Humanities and Sports subjects mean that innovative, high quality provision is available to enable students to develop their specific aptitudes and skill.
- The school benefits from an attractive, historical location in which to provide a modern education for studen Its excellent facilities occupy spacious grounds and buildings which also provide a center for community activity.
- In November 2014, OFSTED judged the school to be ‘good’ with outstanding feature The Sixth Form was given an ‘outstanding’ rating.
If you would like to join a school that aims to provide a secure, caring and stimulating learning environment through expert teaching and support staff ensuring all students achieve their full potential. Where staff are hard-working, committed, supported and valued, then please download an Application Form and further details from the school website (www.chingfordfoundation.org) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the above address.
Closing date: Monday, 25th March 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews: shortly afterwards
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure Check.
The Trust requires that all adults who work with pupils promote pupil safety and wellbeing; adhering to Trust policies to ensure effective Child Protection and Safeguarding provision, either directly or indirectly.
Please note that if you are not contacted within two weeks of the above closing date, that you can take this to mean that you have not been shortlisted.