We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking individual to join the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) as Head of Finance and Procurement.
Working to the Director of Investment and Corporate Services, you will be the designated Deputy Section 151 Officer for the authority and take a strategic lead on:
- Medium term financial planning, resource allocation and reporting;
- Working with key stakeholders and financial specialists to positively influence key regional financial policies and practices;
- Continuing to drive value for money through constructively challenging and enhancing existing systems and procedures;
- Proactive treasury management – maximising significant investment returns whilst managing risk;
- Financial support and appraisal of multi-million pound business cases;
- Developing and embedding effective and efficient procurement and contract management practices and disciplines across the authority;
As well as being a qualified accountant, we are looking for a confident and influential leader who embraces a ‘can-do’ positive approach and culture. The WECA is a fantastic opportunity for a budding future Director of Resources in the Public Sector. Working in a newly formed, relatively small, organisation you will be empowered, and supported, to play a pivotal role in shaping financial strategy and practice around an inward investment programme of over £1bn within the region.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. For an informal conversation about the role, please call Malcolm Coe on 0117 456 6993, and to apply, please click the link below.