Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
The role involves being responsible for organising repairs, improvements, adaptations, carrying out post inspections following repair work, completing general estate inspections, providing advice and support and liaising with caseworkers and/or technical staff. Your duties will also include carrying out regulatory checks including but not limited to legionella, electrical, asbestos and fire safety at three London Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs) to ensure the TMOs are health and safety compliant. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, written and high level numeracy skills and have a good understanding of health and safety and building stock condition surveys.
The Technical Officer will be expected to work under minimal supervision requiring a high level of trust and reliability whilst using own initiative, good time management skills and making appropriate judgement where necessary.
- Organising repairs, improvements and adaptations providing advice and support and liaising with caseworkers and/or technical staff.
- Visiting clients in their own homes and assessing the works required, having regard to the clients’ choice and the needs of the property.
- Carrying out measured and dilapidation surveys as required.
- Responsible for carrying out regulatory checks in relation to legionella, asbestos, electrical and fire safety at the TMOs and Central Team.
- Utilising a proactive approach to health and safety, in particular fire safety in high rise and low rise buildings.
- Carrying out a proactive and preventative approach to ensure that communal areas are not neglected or misused and are maintained to a high standard.
- Carrying out and maintaining records for estate inspections to ensure good standards of housekeeping and maintenance are delivered.
- Completing written records following site inspections and escalating to the appropriate person if actions are required.
- Assisting the TMOs and Asset Management Team to ensure health and safety compliance is adhered to.
For information please see our recruitment information pack.
Closing Date: Friday 5th April 2019 (23:59)