Administrator- Business Support
Management Grouping: Finance & Corporate Services
Team: Business Support
Location: Civic Offices, Bexleyheath
Salary: £21,591 - £21,981, per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week, Permanent
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
Job reference: FCS0000136
We are seeking to recruit highly motivated and flexible Business Support Administrators to provide comprehensive support to a range of services across the Council. To meet the core business needs of the service. These positions will be within one of our Business Support Teams in the Civic Offices in Bexleyheath. This role will require a strong flair for creativity and an interest in support across a variety of areas.
The Council is currently going through many changes, as well as providing high quality services to the residents and young people of Bexley. This is an exciting time to be part of a new environment and strategies that will be evolving, within business support. As playing a key role in many of the changes.
The Business Support teams play an important role in providing both generic and specialist support to services across Bexley including; Children’s Services, Education, Adult Services and Corporate Support.
Previous experience of minute taking would be an advantage as this a key task for these roles. You will need to be able to work independently and take initiative. Also work as part of a team and be committed to ensuring high levels of customer care.
To succeed in these posts, you will need a good standard of general education, excellent ICT skills and knowledge, as well as a flair for assisting with promotion of services. This is aiming towards a more digitalised environment. You will need to be an effective and confident communicator, able to liaise confidently with staff at all levels, including the public and other partner agencies.
You will need to work to tight deadlines, be able work effectively under pressure and be proactive in forward thinking with the ability to prioritise to meet statutory deadlines.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
For further information please contact Sonia Miles, Service Manager (Customer Services & Business Support) on 0203 045 4229 or Rosa Ahmet, Service Manager (Customer Services & Business Support) on 0203 045 5197.
How to apply
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Closing Date for your application: 26/04 /2019
- Anticipated Interview date: w/c Monday 13th May 2019
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers