Salary - Grade L (£54,597 - £59,823 per annum)
Contract status - permanent
Hours - Full-time, 36 hours per week
Location - Guildhall Complex, Kingston
The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames is unique; a town within a city. We are an ambitions forward thinking London Borough with a substantial growth and regeneration agenda. The ambition is matched by the recognition to preserve and enhance our historical buildings, parks and gardens; improve our association with the Thames; and continue to be one of the best shopping destinations to visit in the UK.
About the role
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead and develop Kingston Council’s insight and data function to support evidence based decision making across the whole council. You will lead the Insight and Data Team to develop, plan and deliver a high quality, digitalised insight function.
If you can see the potential of data, can use it to provide insight and have the ability to interpret that for others in order to drive strategic improvement and transformation within local government then this is the role for you.
To succeed you will need:
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working with others from across the organisation and its partners;
- The ability to build, motivate and develop a team of analysts to jointly deliver a new insight function
- Strong leadership skills, modelling a performance culture and constructively building achievement, confidence and skills in others
- To enjoy working with data and have experience in using data science, digital, and/or analytics
- To demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity.
- Be an organisational advocate for evidence based decision making
As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we’re committed to helping you fulfil your potential and will offer you a supportive, friendly and collaborative environment to grow and develop your career and skills. We’re constantly striving to improve our ways of working so putting your ideas across however big or small, will be fully encouraged and supported by your colleagues and our dynamic and experienced management team.
In addition we offer a modern and flexible working environment for our staff allowing you to work flexibly, whilst on the move from your mobile or tablet and at home following the introduction of Google Mail and Apps which have acted as a key enabler for collaborative and streamlined working. Our staff also use a virtual desktop which you’ll be able to access from anywhere, and access to up-to-date messaging and video technology that fosters network and collaboration.
We also offer a range of staff benefits, including:
- 29 days of annual leave depending on grade and length of service. In addition you receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local discounts for shopping, eating out and leisure activities
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cyclescheme - enabling you to get a brand new bike and safety equipment for your commute / access to our Pool Bikes Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to our Zipcar scheme for work use and discounted rates for personal use
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Justine Rego on 020 8547 6035 for an informal discussion or email email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for the role, please follow the link below
Closing date - 30/04/2019