The Council Housing Growth Team is a team of dynamic professionals striving to deliver high quality housing to meet the needs of the residents and communities of Leeds through a range of work streams, including general needs new build and extra care.
The Council has embarked on its largest programme of council housing development for several decades including
- £17m to deliver over 100 homes currently in design and construction;
- £55m to procure c.350 general needs homes for delivery by end of 21/22 ;
- £30m to procure up to 200 extra care homes for older people by end of 21/22;
- Plans for c300 new Council homes per year from 2019/20 onwards.
We are also working with third party providers to deliver additional extra care schemes across the City.
We are now seeking experienced, self-motivated, versatile, delivery focused applicants to contribute to the delivery of the Council Housing Growth programme. You will work as part of a larger team who operate with a ‘can do’ attitude in a fast-paced environment. You will work in partnership with our key stakeholders to continuously work towards delivering our investment and service objectives.
The Senior Project Officer role will involve, amongst other duties:
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective project management approach to deliver the new Council housing
- Support the delivery of complex procurement activity to deliver value for money services to customers and contribute to the delivery of Council priorities.
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Lead specific project workstreams and deliver individual projects
- Oversee and maintain project management controls and tools to ensure overall delivery of the project workstreams.
- Support wider team members in the delivery of the programme, including line management responsibilities.
- Undertake engagement with key stakeholders and colleagues including elected members and tenants and residents;
You will have experience of working as part of a dedicated team and be effective in managing competing priorities and workloads, responding quickly and appropriately to changing needs and be able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills.
This post will be based in the Council Housing Growth team. The role will be flexible and the postholder expected to work dynamically on a range of projects and procurements in line with Council and service priorities.
Please be aware that the assessment process is competency based and therefore applicants are encouraged to ensure that examples are given to evidence their compliance with each (person specific) criterion.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.