Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
This role involves carrying out regulatory checks including, but not limited to legionella, electrical, asbestos and fire safety at our seven Walsall Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs) to ensure the TMOs are health and safety compliant. A pro-active and preventative approach is required to ensure that all internal and external communal areas in high and low rise buildings are maintained to a high standard. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and written skills and have a good understanding of health and safety.
The Estate Assistant will be expected to work under minimal supervision requiring a high level of trust and reliability whilst using own initiative, good time management skills and making appropriate judgement where necessary.
- Responsible for carrying out regulatory checks in relation to legionella, asbestos, electrical and fire safety at the TMOs and Central Team.
- Utilising a proactive approach to health and safety, in particular fire safety in high rise and low rise buildings.
- Carrying out a proactive and preventative approach to ensure that communal areas are not neglected or misused and are maintained to a high standard.
- Carrying out general estate inspections to ensure good standards of housekeeping.
- Completing written records following site inspections.
- Assisting the TMOs and Asset Management Team to ensure health and safety compliance is adhered to.
For further information please see our recruitment information pack.
Closing Date: Monday 6th May 2019 (23:59)
Interviews will be held on Thursday 16th May 2019.