Pay Scale: Scale 4 Point 18-21 (45.6wk contract)
Actual Salary £18,075 - £19,612 per annum
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school which has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted 2018 where;
- 'Students make excellent progress in Mathematics and Science.'
- 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
- '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has obtained a Gold Investors in People award which reflects its commitment to the continuing professional development of its staff.
Norlington School requires an experienced administrator to work in a busy, friendly educational environment, supporting staff and students.
You will enjoy problem solving and be able to prioritise conflicting demands throughout the day.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has previous administration experience in a busy office environment preferably within an education setting
- Has excellent communication and administrative skills
- Has good reception/telephone skills and has a flexible approach to work
- Is self motivated and able to prioritise accordingly
- Has good working knowledge of using Microsoft Word and Excel as the role will require you to use these frequently for administrative tasks and assisting senior leaders with projects. A working knowledge of SIMS would be an advantage
- Is good with numbers and processes as this role provides support within the Data and Finance Teams
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
This is a 36 hours a week post, Monday to Friday, and is a temporary position currently for one year, with the potential to extend to a permanent post.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 3rd May 2019
Interviews scheduled for: 14th May 2019