Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Hillingdon Council is looking for a highly skilled manager that will lead a team delivering a high quality, responsive private sector housing service that meets the needs of its customers. The role will develop and drive a performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement. Hillingdon Council is looking for someone that will make a real difference to tenants’ lives.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the private sector housing team which will include a responsive complaints service, property licensing schemes and an intelligence-led, targeted enforcement programme.
You will lead on delivering excellent customer service by providing strategic and operational leadership to improving housing conditions in the private rented sector, and improving the management and conditions in HMOs through licensing and enforcement.
Work Hours: 36 Hours per Week
About the person
You should have plenty of creative solutions and be motivated by the challenges we face. We need someone able to put in place new policies and procedures, who can motivate their team to take on innovative ways of working. You should have the influencing skills to promote your team’s work internally and with other agencies.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Mark Billings, Service Manager Homeless Prevention, on 01895 556 935.
Closing date 18 May 2019 with interviews scheduled for week commencing 03 June 2019.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued