Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the role
Bristol Court is a new extra care housing scheme commissioned by Hounslow Council. It comprises of 94 flats of which 12 are dedicated to support residents with dementia, 15 for those with learning disability and the rest are for general needs.
This innovative development offers a restaurant on site which will provide a nutritious, hot meal daily as part of the tenancy, hairdressers/therapy room, a large communal space, changing places and 3 specially designed gardens.
The concierge willprovide a comprehensive reception, telephone advice and enquiry service to members of the public and visitors to Bristol Court.
Ensuring a high level of security in the building making use of CCTV and other technology. Undertaking porter duties when required.
Health and safety checks including: Fire alarm testing. Fire safety checks Emergency lights.
- Control of security and effective use of CCTV and other technology
- Building Health and safety checks
- Efficient maintenance of databases such as parking spreadsheets
- To carry out a porterage service and maintain an excellent standard of cleanliness at Bristol court.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise way with the general public and other agencies, both face to face and over the telephone in a tactful, helpful and confidential manner.
- Have basic numeracy and literacy skills to write short reports and complete forms using the IT system.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and respond effectively to problems and emergencies.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of tasks at any one time with frequent interruptions
Essential for the Role
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact the Extra Care Manager Janine Fitzgerald
firstname.lastname@example.org 07976 196 401
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th June 2019
Closing date: 26 May 2019