Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the role
Bristol Court is a new extra care housing scheme commissioned by Hounslow Council. It comprises of 94 flats of which 12 are dedicated to support residents with dementia, 15 for those with learning disability and the rest are for general needs.
This innovative development offers a restaurant on site which will provide a nutritious, hot meal daily as part of the tenancy, hairdressers/therapy room, a large communal space, changing places and 3 specially designed gardens.
The Extra Care Support Officer will provide a comprehensive administrative and financial management support to Bristol Court.
Responsible for the processing of Purchase Orders and invoices.
Arranging meetings, taking minutes and the production of monthly management and financial statistics reports for the Service Manager.
- Provide an excellent admin service to Bristol Court by supporting the team on ICT systems and file management. Working towards a more efficient and effective service.
- To communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with tenants, staff and external agencies providing a high-quality customer service and have a welcoming manor
- To ensure Bristol court literature is up to date. Which includes advertising and noticeboards.
- Produce statistical returns and prioritise to meet performance targets and deadlines
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise way with the general public and other agencies, both face to face and over the telephone in a tactful, helpful and confidential manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and respond effectively to problems and emergencies.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of tasks at any one time with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to priorities and meet performance targets and deadlines.
Essential for the Role
- DBS Check
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact the Extra Care Manager Janine Fitzgerald
firstname.lastname@example.org 07976 196 401
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th June 2019
Closing date: 26 May 2019