Assistant Building Surveyor
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Hours: 35 per week
Location: Tower Hamlets
Closing Date: 20 May @ 3pm
Are you a recent property/surveying graduate looking for your next role?
Eager to learn and develop?
Are you seeking to get a solid start in your surveying career?
If you answered yes and have the drive, can do attitude and can think on your feet then we’d like to hear from you!
This is an ideal entry level job for someone who wants to become a fully CIOB or RICS qualified surveyor, who shares our values as a community focused business.
You will be… a recent graduate with RICS or CIOB accredited degree in Property/ Building Surveying discipline, minimum 2:2. You have good knowledge of construction, maintenance and building facilities.
You are eager to learn and develop new skills. You are a competent user of a range of IT systems and possess good IT skills. You are a confident communicator both in verbal and written communications with an excellent client facing demeanour. You enjoy solving problems, think quickly on your feet whilst remaining calm and measured and have excellent organisational and planning skills.
You will work as part of our property team providing quality inspection and void inspection services for repairs, cyclical and planned works and provide technical support and advice to the team. You will work to reduce defects on new developments.
What we offer you… we will support you to get your CIOB or RICS qualification within a 3 year period. We will provide you with tailored APC support and training.
Besides the emphasis on learning and development we offer a generous package including 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 4 concessionary days, a health and wellbeing scheme including a generous wellbeing allowance, season ticket loan, good pension and a lovely refurbished office.
We also consider flexible working where possible and we dress down on Fridays!
How to apply… please email your CV, supporting statement answering the key questions below and the additional information sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can download the full job description and additional information sheet on our website
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 20 May 2019 at 3 pm.
Interviews are to take place on Tuesday 28 or Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Questions to be answered in your supporting statement:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What strengths do you bring?
- We have 5 values that underpin everything that we do. Taking any 2 of these values give an example for each of how you have demonstrated this value in a particular situation.
Our values are:
- Integrity – being fair, honest and respectful to others
- Inclusive – recognising, valuing and celebrating the differences between people
- Empathy - identifying with a customer's feelings and having respect for alternate points of view
- Open – being transparent, sharing information in a clear and honest way
- Partnership – recognising the importance and added value that comes from working together
The supporting statement covering the above should not be more than 2 sides of A4.