Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Website: www. http://plashetschoolnewham.com
Teacher of Design Technology
Required for September 2019
Being able to teacher across the disciplines of Food, Textiles & Graphic would be desirable.
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1,410 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2018 was +0.80 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
• A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results.
• An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
• A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
• An outstanding NQT and RQT induction and staff development programme.
• A professional environment that is focused on maintaining staff wellbeing supported by manageable teaching contact time, meeting cycles and assessment, recording and reporting expectations.
You will need:
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on academic stretch and challenge.
• An unerring commitment to girls’ comprehensive education.
• A desire to develop your practice to become an expert teacher.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, on 0208 471 2418.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application Deadline: 9.00am, Monday 3rd June, 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 3rd June, 2019