You will be working for London Borough of Barnet within Family Services and joining a small commissioning team which supports Family Service decide what, why, how and where to allocate resources to commission, procure and contract manage services that meet the needs of children, young people and families.
About the job:
- Support Commissioners to develop, implement and maintain robust commissioning, procurement and contract monitoring policies, procedures and frameworks
- Support commissioners in procuring services
- Produce high quality and timely reports, information and data from contracts and services, to inform future business planning and commissioning activity
- Actively manage the Family Services contracts register and other key documents, ensuring they are well maintained to provide reliable management information
- Co-ordinate, support and lead regular monitoring and review meetings with providers, ensuring that commissioners and service managers are briefed and involved as appropriate
- Analyse, track and report on the performance of Family Services contracts, using local and national data, performance and spend information, benchmarking against industry standards and national guidelines where appropriate
Skills crucial to the role:
- Recognised relevant qualifications in procurement/contracting is desirable and/or equivalent experience and training in a related environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Competent and confident in the use of standard Microsoft Office products with excellent skills in the use of Excel for developing spreadsheets at a high level.
- Successful experience and knowledge of working within a local authority/public sector, or in an equivalent organisation/environment.
- Well developed, practical skills and knowledge of commissioning as well as contract management and procurement.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and committed self-starter with excellent communication and partnership working skills.
- The work is often fast-paced and you will need to be as comfortable taking the initiative as you are working to others’ requirements.
- You will need to be flexible in approach, pay attention to detail and able to prioritise and manage your own work – although you will be supported by the Senior Commissioners
If this sound like you, please apply. This is a good opportunity to get into commissioning and contracts management for local government and an exciting time to join Family Services within Barnet. for more information please contact Jo Rider, Senior Commissioner, on 0208 359 5005
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
Interviews scheduled for week beginning 17th June 19