Brighton & Hove City Council’s Digital Development Team is looking for a Digital / Web developer with experience of building and managing Drupal websites to join our busy and fast-moving Agile development team delivering customer-focused solutions across a wide variety of platforms and technologies. Using technologies from the “Leaders” part of the Gartner quadrant, we join up data and systems using APIs, integrations, a wide variety of third-party products, engaging in all aspects of the development cycle from analysis, configuration, coding, testing and support.
Interview date: Week beginning 24th June 2019.
For an informal discussion, please contact Andrew Wallis - ICT Analyst - Digital on 01273 295448.
About the role
We are looking for someone who can support and develop our Drupal website (CMS) and embedded digital transaction services. You’ll have worked in an enterprise environment throughout the development lifecycle, using structured approaches to development and testing, including automated testing. As well as web development experience with Drupal, you'll also be comfortable with platform administration, familiar with version control using Git and be able to deploy core and feature updates to a Drupal site. You’ll have experience of working on at least one of the following, and will be able to develop your skills in:
- Drupal development using Git and a multi-environment platform (ie, dev, stage, production)
- Drupal platform management (developing, testing and deploying code)
- Web services and supporting architecture such as SSL, IIS and Apache
- Low-code application and integration development platforms
- Test automation and DevOps
Apply now if you want to work with talented, dynamic and committed teams with a desire to continually improve and innovate.
What’s in it for you?
Primarily working with Drupal, you'll have the opportunity to...
- Gain experience with Gartner leading enterprise platforms
- You’ll be part of a dynamic team changing how the council works
- Ongoing support and mentoring
- You’ll work with experienced developers and systems teams
- Working in central Brighton
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Have a demonstrable interest in IT with an enthusiasm for technology
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy problem solving and be logical
- Be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Like working in a team with lots of different people
- Able to take responsibility for a piece of work from start to finish
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.