Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.About the job
Hillingdon Council is looking to recruit a Highways Technical Support Officer to join a new multi-disciplinary highways team.
The Highways Technical Support Officer will provide comprehensive and high quality technical support, meeting performance targets and embedding a culture of "Putting our residents first". This varied role will provide the post-holder with the opportunity and challenge to widen their experience, whilst maintaining continuous service improvement.
The key responsibilities are:
About the person
- Meeting tight deadlines and providing high standards of customer care
- Liaising with engineers and managers within a new multi-disciplinary highways team.
- Arranging appointments for officers.
- Prioritising tasks assigned and escalating any gaps to Managers
- Providing financial administrative support to managers
- Producing reports, analysis and associated information
- Delivering an excellent service by making suggestions to improving work practices
Come and bring your ideas, your personality, your energy and creative solutions to help make a valuable contribution to this service.
You will join a supportive, professional environment, driven by a commitment to deliver an excellent support service to the Highways team. You should have experience or knowledge of providing general support and/or technical support functions; meeting challenging targets and deadlines; excellent communication skills, with good planning and organisational skills. You must also be able to demonstrate good customer service, flexibility and ready to adapt to changing workloads.Additional information
For further information or an informal discussion please call Isaac Kwakye, Highways Delivery Manager on 01895 277002
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses