A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join the enthusiastic and dedicated team at Hatton Hill Primary. The Governors and Headteacher of Hatton Hill warmly invite applications for the post of Bursar on the retirement of the current Bursar at the end of August 2019.
Hatton Hill is a large two-form primary school in Litherland with a successful and popular nursery.
Applicants must be a highly-motivated individual, innovative and business minded. As a critical member of the School’s Senior Management Team with responsibility for the financial, operational and business aspects of the School, you will have strong financial acumen although an accounting qualification is not essential. You will be expected to have strong empathy with the core values of this warm and welcoming school community.
The successful applicant will be a strong communicator, a strategic and commercial thinker with a proven track record of financial and project management and effective leadership of teams. The Governors will welcome applicants from both educational and non-educational backgrounds.
The post is available from September 2019, and it is hoped that a meaningful period of handover will be possible for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be a person who:
- Is enthusiastic and committed
- Is organised, efficient and able to work in a busy environment
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels, is a team player and has a desire to raise standards for all our children.
- Has the experience and skills to manage accounts of the school
- Is able to set financial policies and procedures
- Is able to manage the budget and other resources
- Is able to complete payroll duties
- Is able to provide regular updates to head teacher and school governors on financial performance
- Can take responsibility for procurement of goods and payment
- Can oversee a team of financial administrators
Hatton Hill can offer you:
- highly committed, talented, enthusiastic and professional staff
- children who are eager to learn
- a commitment to continuous professional development
- a committed and supportive Governing Body
- a happy and growing school
Visits to the school can be arranged by telephoning 0151 928 7012 – option 4; or by email on email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as part of the selection process applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hatton Hill School is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.