An opportunity to gain valuable experience within a busy Local Authority Housing department. The successful applicant will provide professional and comprehensive support to the Rents Team, one of the busiest within the whole Council. The role will involve providing admin support over a wide variety of housing management functions, and assisting with responding to enquiries received, by telephone, or by electronic communication and occasionally face to face. Working within a welcoming and friendly environment and with other members of the housing team to meet the standards set for the housing service.
Duties will include:
- Scanning and processing incoming post.
- Answering enquiries both face to face and over the telephone from internal and external customers
- Providing administrative back up for front line staff sending out correspondence follow on letters/instructions
- Assisting with applications to court, and associated paperwork, and typing up court statements
- Arranging appointments for tenants to attend interviews
- Updating housing databases including for Rents following queries
• Assisting with out-going correspondence by printing off letters, batching up and taking to the Post Room