Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing. Over the past 4 years, the Council successfully secured 3,300 affordable homes, including 400 new Council homes, against our Pledge to secure 3,000 affordable homes during 2014-18. The Council is extremely proud of this achievement.
Going forward over the next four years, we have an even more ambitious housing Pledge target to secure 5,000 new homes by 2022 for our residents, 3,000 of which will be for rent.
- Managing the strategic planning and delivery of 1000 units within the Council’s £300m HRA Council house building programme 2018-2022.
- Securing additional Council supply from a range of external sources, including regeneration, redevelopment and partnership working with land owners/developers.
- Leading the Council’s Development Team of committed Officers.
- Experience of delivering a large complex new build development programme.
- Knowledge of development legislation, finance and standards; project management tools and the issues affecting housing delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in building productive relationships, commissioning and line management.
- The ability to deliver project plans, produce financial appraisals and lead an effective team.
Essential for The Role
- Experience of delivering large residential development programmes in either the public sector, voluntary or private sectors.
- A property related qualification and/or experience of delivering major developments, either directly or in partnership with other organisations.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Andrew Smith (Head of Housing Development, Supply & Initiatives) Andrew.Smith@hounslow.gov.ukor 020 8583 2254.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 3 July 2019