Youth Justice Officer
Families and Homes Directorate
Full Time – Permanent
Pay scale: PO2-3 (£33,948 - £39,774)
The Families and Homes Directorate of Waltham Forest is working to the principles of Safe, Well, Independent and Resilient and we recognise that preventing children entering the criminal justice system and reducing reoffending is fundamental to achieving these principles for children and young people. The successful candidate will be part of the inter-disciplinary Youth Offending Service that provides community and through care services to young people who progress through the Criminal Justice process.
The key accountabilities for this role include:-
- Ability to engage with young people and their parents, and empathise with their perspective. Adopting a child first approach.
- Ability to identify, assess, and address risks presented by young people to themselves and others, with good analytical skills and sound judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to use IT to record work effectively
- Ability to manage relationships with young people in a firm and fair way, supporting compliance where possible and taking enforcement action where necessary
- Well organised with the ability to work effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Ability to build effective relationships with partners and work across organisational boundaries
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Cheryle Davies, Interim lead for youth justice on: 07807 035678
How to Apply
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.