Tax Manager – London, Kent or Sussex
Full-time, 36 hours per week
Salary: £62,974 (London), 61,744 (Kent/Sussex)
We’re looking for someone to join the transactions team as a Tax Manager.
Reporting to a Head of Transactions, you'll make a major contribution to optimising Optivo’s tax position.
You’ll have an ATT or equivalent qualification, excellent technical accounting knowledge and experience of explaining and analysing tax issues on operational matters (e.g. joint ventures, development schemes etc). Experience from within a construction/housebuilding group would be an advantage.
Key Duties include:
- Working with the head of department and external advisors to develop tax policies and implement best practices.
- Working closely with internal customers on the structuring and tax implications of all new property developments.
- Providing tailored support & advice for all business units including transactional and investment decisions.
- Identifying and managing tax risks.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external tax advisers, external auditors, HMRC, internal auditors and senior management across Optivo.
- Seeking opportunities to maximise tax reliefs and efficiencies through effective tax planning.
- Providing support to the Head of Transactions and Director of Financial Services on special projects including M&A activity.
- Keeping abreast of wider landscape and emerging tax trends.
- Undertaking activities to increase awareness of tax issues around the group
The successful candidate will be well organised with a ‘can do’ attitude.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is technically strong with proven organisational and analytical skills
- Has well developed analytical, oral and communication skills
- Has an appetite to take on a diverse set of complex challenges
- Is able to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Has a high degree of personal credibility
- Is comfortable giving and taking constructive feedback
Travel between sites may be a requirement for this role.
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.