We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
The Financial Inclusion Team supports all our Optivo resident. We deliver a customer focused service where we help to empower residents to sustain their tenancies. We deliver both welfare benefits advice and money guidance support. We inform residents of their welfare rights with the aim to ensure they are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to and support residents with possible grant application.
Your role will be to:
• Deliver a customer focused financial inclusion service which embraces Optivo culture, current and future legislation, policy and procedure and best practice.
• Provide a tailored service to help customers manage their finances and improve their financial capability avoiding legal action and potential eviction. Working closely with Income/Housing Teams to review pre eviction cases ensuring appropriate support has been offered prior to action.
• Provide advice and assistance to customers, helping them find solutions to difficulties with claiming benefits, multiple debts and poverty.
• Offer guidance and support to vulnerable customers to help them manage their finances and prevent debt build up. Operate flexible working hours to make sure all customers have access to this service
• Ensure good standards of case management are maintained on the relevant Financial Inclusion/Income and CRM computer systems, recording all notes/actions clearly, accurately and appropriately.
• Holds a driving licence and has the ability to drive as this role will require extensive travel across the Midlands (Birmingham, Northampton & Coventry).
What you'll need to know:
• Extensive knowledge of a wide range of benefits (including welfare reform) together with excellent knowledge of working an advisory role
• Experience of handling case work and referring to relevant organisations
• Knowledge of completing applications for benefits, grants, appeals and funding
• Understanding the principals of budgeting for low income families
• Good understanding of equality and diversity
• You must have a driving licence and your own car, as you will be required to travel across the Midlands (Birmingham, Northampton & Coventry). This role can be worked from either of our Midlands offices in Brimingham or Northampton.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.