Main Purpose of Job
To ensure the efficient operation of the Financial Management System by providing both systems administration support and development and maintenance of the system (currently Integra) for all users of the system.
To assist with the development and creation of new reports and amend any existing reports that are required to provide statistical and performance management information from the Council’s Financial Management System. This would include data for Transparency Reports as well as FOI’s
To ensure the efficient operation of the HR & Payroll System by providing both systems administration support and development and maintenance of the system (currently Resource Link) for all users of the system.
To ensure the efficient operation of the Cash Processing System by providing both systems administration support and development and maintenance of the system (currently Civica ICON, Sage Pay and World Pay) for all users of the system.
- Completion or final stage of AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians)
- Extensive experience in a financial / accounting environment
- Ability to demonstrate the practical and/or procedural knowledge in a specialist area, as well as the ability to turn theoretical knowledge into practical applications, or an equivalent level of organisational, procedural and policy knowledge
- Act in accordance with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy and undertake duties as required by the corporate and Directorate action plans
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of Crystal/XQuery/Cognos
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Tracey Dodd on 01634 332109.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.