The London Borough of Newham is committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do. The Mayor and Members have agreed ambitious plans to expand our youth services.
Detached Youth Worker
Salary JNC 22-25 - £35,321 - £38,188. Full-time role.
Working Under the direction of the Detached Senior Youth Worker, the post holder will work in locations where young people meet. You will be responsible for:
• Providing first class detached universal youth services that support and enable young people to fulfil their potential;
• Delivering Targeted Youth Support and related services that are local and easily accessible, to young people who need additional tailored support;
• Providing young people with the opportunity to influence the nature and content of detached youth service provision;
• Inputting into systems, processes and reviews that track participation levels and impact, on a programme by programme basis, but also at the individual young person level; and
• Working with young people to support them to participate as active members of their community, through building networks, supporting skills development and through promoting involvement in formal and informal decision-making processes.
We are committed to recruiting a team that understands what it is like to grow up in an Inner City borough like Newham. A team that can get to grips with the challenges and also make the most of the amazing opportunities that such an environment brings.
We want to hire the best youth work team. We want the most inspiring mentors. The best informal educators. We will recruit people who share our enthusiasm. People who can see the potential in the young people of Newham. People who have the passion and imagination to work with those young people and to help them thrive.
Whilst the specific skills and experience set out within the person specification for this role are important to us, what is even more important is your attitude, your passion, your drive and your commitment to making a positive difference to Newham’s young people.
Further information on the biggest expansion of youth services in London for a generation, including video messages from The Mayor and from young people, can be found on Newham’s dedicated recruitment campaign page www.newham.gov.uk/youthworkworks
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information