The London Borough of Newham is committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do. The Mayor and Members have agreed ambitious plans to expand our youth services.
The jobs we are currently advertising mark the biggest expansion in youth services in London for a generation. An overview of all of our Youth Empowerment job opportunities can be found on our dedicated recruitment campaign page www.newham.gov.uk/youthworkworks
Youth Participation Senior Manager
Salary – PO7 £47,511 - £50,448. Full-time role.
The Youth Participation Senior Manager will work to a remit set by the Youth Service Manager, and will be responsible for establishing and embedding approaches that support and raise young people’s voice within the borough and throughout its democratic processes.
The post holder will be responsible for co-producing the Youth Citizen Assemblies and Youth Movements which are key mechanisms that inform the design and delivery of services and steer the effective use of resources which impact young people and bring about positive and lasting change.
You will also manage a team of Participation Workers, working with children and young people who may need additional support, ensuring that those that face the greatest access barriers are able to benefit from the Youth Service, express their views, and take advantage of wider opportunities in Newham.
Examples of work you will be responsible for include:
• Delivering innovative approaches to engaging young people in shaping and participating in the activities offered as part of the Youth Service Curriculum, and in so doing, raising the overall level of participation in Youth Service activity to 20% of 9 – 19 year olds;
• Ensuring that Newham’s children and young people are supported to have a say in decisions that affect them, through responsibility for and facilitating/co production of Newham’s Youth Citizens’ Assemblies, Newham’s Youth Movements and a range of local, national and online fora;
• Leading work with young people with SEND, those that are looked after, LGBTQ young people and young carers to enable them to access an enhanced intensive service which is aligned to their needs and which supports their engagement;
• Inputting in to the development of Newham’s Youth Service Extended Learning Curriculum; and
• Managing and developing a team of Participation Workers and a Duke of Edinburgh, Volunteering & Accreditation Senior Worker.
We are committed to recruiting a team that understands what it is like to grow up in an Inner City borough like Newham. A team that can get to grips with the challenges and also make the most of the amazing opportunities that such an environment brings.
We want to hire the best youth work team. We want the most inspiring mentors. The best informal educators. We will recruit people who share our enthusiasm. People who can see the potential in the young people of Newham. People who have the passion and imagination to work with those young people and to help them thrive.
Whilst the specific skills and experience set out within the person specification for this role are important to us, what is even more important is your attitude, your passion, your drive and your commitment to making a positive difference to Newham’s young people.
The closing date for this role is 3rd July, with interviews to be held during the week commencing 22nd July.
For additional information please contact Esther.email@example.com